Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Friday, March 11, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 207

You know what's both the best and worst position for an over-analyzer to be in? The place with many options and tons of non-equal metrics.

I reached a place of overstimulation this afternoon. I got some great notes back from Faculty at KSU, heard from a U Washington student, and sat on pins and needles all day waiting to hear back from TTU (all I heard was that word is on it's way).

When I got home from work, I finished a book written by one of my -possible- professors. It is a moving and arresting account, and made me want very badly to be his student.

Now, I am going to dive into another book. One that has been on the shelf for awhile, and that I had no intention of reading next, but which might contain a complementary subtext that speaks to this last book.

When I hear some MFA hopefuls (or some current grad students) start talking about critical theory, I feel very uneducated and behind. This feeling has always motivated me to find out, to know. My mind is so full it feels like the gray matter is swirling like a Japanese whirlpool. I am going to submerge myself in this novel and maybe fall asleep early.

I hope there is some dreamy hint, some hidden sign while I sleep, that points the next way.

No comments: