Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Monday, March 7, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 203

One of my poetry submissions was rejected. I wish I knew whether or not the poetry was good. The fact that the editor sent a curt and formulaic email leads me to believe that he/she didn't like it. They seem to talk more when it's close but not quite there.

I also sent a novella to the director at Texas Tech. There are some money things I want more detail on, and some curriculum issues I wanted clarified.

At the day job, I was mostly formatting information, rather than creating it. It was wild to hear the Tech Comm & Rhetoric folks at Tech getting all fired up about the theory behind what I do every day.

I've also started one of the professor's books. Is this ass-kissing, or research? It's a genuinely gripping book, does that change the potentially ass-kissing nature of reading it?

All I can think about, all I want to talk about, is what happens in August. I have a month to figure it out. Whatever it is, it's going to be good.

No comments: