Many conversations were had today over phone and email, about my future.
- The University of Arizona has offered me a fully funded spot for two years in their MFA.
- A current student of KSU had nothing but lovely things to say about the town and program. But he did say living alone would be tough on the stipend.
- I exchanged emails with someone I consider a mentor, she said keep my options open.
- University of Washington said I could always take extra lit classes while I work on my thesis.
- I called Portland State and declined their offer.
- A professor at a completely unrelated college who barely knows me from Adam strongly recommended in favor of MA > PhD
- Despite repeated refreshes of my Yahoo mail, the director at Tech has not responded to my Monday email full of questions. I sent another email (about just one question) to a different faculty member who I hope could help. I am a little scared that all the attentiveness of last weekend was... could it have been... a show? When do I follow up? Next week is their Spring Break.
- I posted a craigslist ad for my cat, but I may chicken out of it. Do you need a cat? Do you live in the greater Phoenix area?
It's pretty cheesy.
I have always just coasted along with what was happening around me, afraid to steer myself. It's a hard habit to break (which is why I am asking everyone's advice. Overandoverandover. Poor everyone.) But this is what I want to do. Not what I can do, not what is easiest or kindest. This will push me and make me grow, which is something I have usually avoided.
Want to weigh in? What would you do? What would Kurt Vonnegut do? What would Janis Joplin do? What about Zonker?