Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 248

I had high hopes for my productivity today. I am about to head home from the coffeeshop with the best soundtrack always to spend one last night sitting on the couch with the cat who isn't mine anymore.

It's the best news ever that he has a home. But that doesn't mean I am not sad, mostly that I am so hard to live with that I can't sustain a relationship with even a cat, and that the cat is the one who has to suffer (by not understanding) for that. He will be fine. This new girl already loves him and feels that they are fated to be together.

So, I wrote a new Demand article (on birds!), researched another, read some Annie Dillard, and wrote my cat a dear John letter. And tried not to bawl at the coffeeshop over my fickle and prickly nature that always has me heading into the next phase alone.

And in other maudlin news, here's my 52 |250 submission for last week's theme, "Cold Front": Glacier . As usual, since it is a poem, I have no idea if it is ok or awful.

No comments: