Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Monday, April 18, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 243

The day job tested me this morning, I'll admit it. Two tasks in a row boiled down to, "because I said so," first thing. And I can't handle because I said so. That's why I was not a stellar high school student. That's why I lost my last cube job.

It's not a reason. And if you don't know WHY just say, I don't know why and maybe it's dumb, but we have to. But "just do it and don't worry about why" sets me on some kind of fury-go-round. But, I put up a picture of Medicine Bow National Park as my desktop, I took a step outside. Even took a few cleansing breaths. And after a bit, I went back in and just did it. I wrote some dumb documents in a stupid manner, and I made nearly $200 for the day. I got nothing to complain about.

I am going to make a construction paper chain of the days left until I leave for school. I think that'll help, too.

I resubmitted a flash fiction piece to another new lit mag. On the lightrail headed home, I finally finished SS and so wrote for the majority of the ride. To lighten up the heavy reading, I'm going to tackle The Island of Dr. Moreau next. It was going to be the Mowat or Matthiessen books but those are set in Arctic Conditions and I will need those more in two more months.

No comments: