Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Monday, December 27, 2010

365 days of being a writer: day 132

The holiday has my schedule all off. This is really last night's post. Pretend all those hours of weird uncomfortable dreams of not-quite-success never happened. Unless that was just me, in which case, never mind.

Yesterday, I didn't write. I could have, but I suppose I was taking another day off. Or else, I let lazy win for the day. Possibly, I didn't care. It's hard to tell.

Sending off all the applications leaves kind of a vacuum. I need to get cracking more seriously on my Night essay. I know the things I want to talk about, but I am not sure why, and there needs to be an "arc" in this new age of literature. No one wants to read an essay that simply informs, maybe not even me--why else would I prefer David Quammen's funny biology essays so much more than Stephen Jay Gould's scientific ones?

I did some work organizing some Spanish lessons on my iPod and I went to the botanical garden and got a book I've been looking for on pollinators. Will anyone take science essays seriously from someone without a science degree? Does anyone out there know of any precedents?

No comments: