Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Friday, December 24, 2010

365 days of being a writer: day 130

Or, there's not enough eggnog in town to take my edge off.

It was slow enough this morning at work that I managed to get a bit of writing done. It was a hard day, I ruined a couple of Christmases (or so you'd think to hear it), and was up all day. First, I thought my hours had been cut then I had to watch people rush around on their most inconsiderate and intolerant behavior.

Then I had to go to my parents for Christmas Eve, where I thought I would be doing a gift exchange with my folks and sister's family. Once there, and unable to leave, I was told no, I would just be opening my presents in front of a bunch of extended family members (half of whom I've never met before). It was awesome. Not.

It frustrates me that I don't have the option of retreat or withdrawal here. If I am going to be stressed out frustrated in a crowd, why am I a shithead for wanting to stay out of the crowd? Why is it inconsiderate of me to want to preserve my sanity?

I didn't used to think that I had one of those difficult families that make the holidays hard, but that's because I lived far away for over 15 years. That is what I need to do again, and as soon as possible.

As far as the writing and brainstorming, I am thinking about night and being a night owl and how the night affects pollinators and flowers. I am not sure yet how they tie in together, but I've still got a bit of time.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: