Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 185

It seems like only yesterday I was wondering what would happen if all the schools said no again. Oh wait, it WAS yesterday.

Well, I can let that one go, because this year can NOT be a goose egg.

Texas Tech said yes, yes, yes! --including a GPTI (graduate part time instructor) Assistantship!

I'm over the moon. TTU was my first choice, but I am still not even done applying. There are six more schools to go, but what a relief: I can go to grad school, you guys.

And if that weren't enough, I got a new follower! That's right, only six months of daily writing and I have DOUBLED my followers. You two, you two are why I do this. I love you both.

Also, there was some tech writing, and a bit of poetry research. Now bed. YAWN.

5 comments:

Scott said...

much happiness over this.

Amy said...

Congratulations!!!!

Amanda said...

I know I already said it, Chelsea, but congratulations once again. Believe me, you'll appreciate this upcoming year all the more because of the hardship that you had to endure to get there. (I know this sounds like parental schlock, but it's totally true! My grad school plans in Scotland fell through in 2006, and I had to move back in with my parents and wait for a year before actually getting to go in 2007. And the experiences I encountered while there were completely worth every minute of the wait.)

You say you're still waiting on news from six more schools -- even though TTU is your first choice, do you think you might change your mind based on any of your next responses?

Curious minds would love to know. :)

xo

Anonymous said...

Fabulous news, and you've earned it! Maybe this is the first of many yeses, and then you'll have the happy task of having to make a big decision.

Sugarless said...

Awww, congrats Chels!
(I KNEW you'd get into grad school btw.)