Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 177

It's official. I am almost definitely sick. DAMNIT! There is a trip coming up and the new job on Tuesday. I do not want to be a sniffling sneezing stuffy head fever bot on my first day.

So, I can't think and feel all cotton-headed and like my eyes are on stalks waving in the wind. I'm going to let it ride and hope for the best, and for the vitamins to kick in.

Thanks to the rabbithole of the internet, I found this inspiring blog: Going the Distance... Three Credits at a Time. This woman is getting her BA in English, "three credits at a time." She has been working hard at it for six years, and is almost done. The blog is beautiful with snowy pictures of Maine and her thoughtful insights into her process. The opposite of this ranting and gnashing of teeth, surely!

It is also wonderful as a demonstration of option C. The one I pretend would be the worst possible outcome. I might not get into any school again this year. Then what? I have considered a BS in general science, but could also reasonably start MA/English classes online or in some far away and more interesting city. That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, not really.

Here's something else I found on Colleen's blog... Never doubt the power of literature!



I've been trying to figure out the structure for this lit-crit, and I am really struggling. All I know is the literature I want to write about, but I can't quite figure out what I want to say about it. For now, I just want to say, "zzzzz."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Chelsea! So cool for me to see my name and my blog in this post. Thank you!

I really like your 365-project. Clearly, you already are a writer, and a published one, to boot. I think of blogging as a form of expression, but also as a form of promotion, so any time you post, aren't you furthering your goals as a writer? I admire your willingness to make your artistic endeavors - and your rejections - public. Very brave, and very humanizing. I'm bookmarking you! Colleen