Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 263

I was able to spend a few hours at the botanical garden this morning, but since it was so early, I somehow arrived without a pen.

What kind of lousy writer shows up to quiet, nature-drenched writing time without a pen?

So instead I walked around looked at cacti and succulents and birds and lizards. I watched a fence lizard attempt to seduce another fence lizard. There was a rock dove on a next with chicks. And many wilted datura were flaccid on their stems in the bright sun. Spring has sprung.

I was able to add to the outline of three articles and had a wonderful exchange with an editor who was rejecting one piece, but already accepted another. That's progress, at least we conversed! And hopefully my Coney Island piece will be up next week.

No comments: