Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 273

Someone in my online writers' group said today that I am the hardest working writer they know. And I got a little bit choked up. This means, in part, that I need to get more sleep tonight than I have been as I've been a total crybaby all day, but also that sometimes a little external validation is an amazing and delicately glorious thing.

Because lately? I have been feeling like a really UNPRODUCTIVE writer! All because I am not writing beautiful essays. I'm writing Demand articles and tech specs and plans for a cool new project involving writers--and yet, if someone to ask what I am writing, I would say "oh god, nothing!" I'm also able to berate myself for not making more time for writing. It would be funnier if it weren't true.

So, tonight I'm leaving the library at 8 instead of 9 having come here almost directly from work and I'm going to go home and spend some time with my newest fiber project (a green shawl) and maybe read a little. Because, damnit, I am working hard and trying to be a good writer. It doesn't have to kill me to be true.

No comments: