Some serious shit got accomplished today!
First, I will say that I am still avoiding the Night essay. The same as the glacier essay and the hummingbird essay. I don't know what my hangup is about these pieces. Possibly I am too afraid of fucking them up? Since I have such high opinions of their possible results?
Anyway, instead, today I went to my favorite coffeeshop (presumably to meet up with job-guy, who flaked out) and I:
* submitted stuff to five journals (one already bounced because of a full mailbox)
* applied to two tech writing jobs
* applied to an unpaid "book reviewer" position on XENITH
* exchanged emails with the editor at The Rumpus who is going to post my "Funny Women" piece TOMORROW. So. Excited.
* received an invite, set up an account, and posted a story to Fictionaut
This is me on "positive attitude"--it's like cocaine without as much sniffling and embarrassing white crust.
Happy New Year.