Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Links to things writerly or readerly

This will not become a links blog, but I have recently come across a couple of things I want to bookmark.

First: this amazing writer's residence in Costa Rica. I now have a dream house, and its name is Casa Kike.

Ursula K. Le Guin's beautiful fictional excerpts from a therolinguistics journal: The Author of the Acacia Seeds

Pat McNees' site, Writers and Editors, has a great links page that I have been working through: Style, grammar, diction. Take a break from playing Bejeweled and stalking your high school boy/girlfriend and try out some grammar quizzes instead.

The Brooklyn Public Library sends out books newsletters, by genre or audience. I signed up for several.

MIT's OpenCourseWare offers course material, including reading lists, assignments, and in some cases, lectures. The list of Writing and Humanistics courses available is impressive (and may be what I "take" for Fall).

Late summer, long shadows

No comments: