Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Monday, September 13, 2010

365 days of being a writer: day 28

I did a lot of knitting today, waiting for my car to be fixed. I wanted to do a lot of writing, but the knitting was there, and the TV was on. Knitting lends itself to Law & Order marathons in a way that writing just can't.

But, when I got home (still without a car) I finished up that Demand Studios article and submitted it for editing, and I finished the draft of my Arbus essay. It's short, ideally an engaging encyclopedic entry. I will apply with it tomorrow and see what happens. I meant to just do one more piece of it, but then there was this really nice 45 minutes of flow, where all I wanted to do was explain her work, and why it is great (to me) and terrible (to others, like Susan Sontag). Was it flow or zen?Can't say, but it felt good.



I also got a great tip from my mom about an NPR writing contest. If you are reading this, let's enter. You and me: Three-Minute Fiction. It's free, so why not?

Here is the short version of the rules:
  1. Your story must begin with the following line: "Some people swore that the house was haunted." 
  2. Plus, your story must end with this line: "Nothing was ever the same again after that." 
  3. Including these lines, your story must be 600 words or less. 
  4. One entry per person. 
  5. Your deadline is 11:59 p.m., EDT, on Sept. 26.
If you enter, let me know. 

No comments: