Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

365 days of being a writer: day 37

I wrote desperately today. First thing in the morning and on my lunch breaks, I updated a travel piece, a personal narrative/memoir, and a "humorous" piece that is/was "under consideration." I made lists of places that might take any of them. I was frantic, but it doesn't matter. I still came home and applied for three different business analyst positions.

Two years in and I haven't made a single cent off my writing. It is time to throw the "all-in" towel in for now. Maybe if I get another good job, there will be paid holidays, sabbaticals, and retirement that will afford me time to write. Maybe, if I can keep a real job long enough to get out of debt and save something, I will have the heart to try again. As it is, I can barely feed myself and have no savings, or credit to fall back on. My mother, the sole breadwinner of any substance for the entire family, was laid off last month. It is irresponsible and selfish in the extreme of me to need their help any longer.

It's not like this is the last post or anything. There's no offer on the table, so I will keep writing until there is. Then after, as time permits.

No comments: