- Mail recommendation packets to the folks who have said yes
- Finalize my statement of purpose
- Finish one of the three essays I have been rolling around for the last couple of months
- Submit at least three things to three places (at least one new piece)
- Read at least two books, ideally three, from my stack
- Try to figure out the best time to write (for me)
Today I found out I may be done writing blog posts for my day job in a couple of weeks. Budgets and etc. Major blow, I am trying not to get too bummed out about it, but I am pretty bummed out.
I also found out that a short story of mine placed 4th in the NYC midnight flash fiction contest (round one of a possible four). This last spring, I entered their short story competition and got "second runner up" of the first round. The story I wrote was sort of silly (it had to be a "horror" story featuring a pawnshop), but a good exercise. I rather like my latest submission (fantasy, in a typing class, featuring an eyedropper) and may try to get it into a flash fiction publication somewhere. If you have any favorites, I'd love to check them out. Round two assignments go out tomorrow at 9 pm, I will most surely post about my process.
Finally, today I sent an email off to a potential source for my next bird essay. I hope he wants to talk hummingbirds with me.