Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 308

Is anyone else bothered by Target's use of "Funner" in their summer slogan, or the Gain commercial that says "Gooder"? It would just seem dumb if I hadn't seen Idiocracy, now it's a goddamned harbinger of electrolyte-enriched DOOM.

I managed to read quite a bit today, and study some Spanish. I read an awful interview with a mean-spirited smug critic, half of a graphic memoir about weight loss, several chapters in Snow Leopard and the beginnings of several pieces in the new Poets and Writers. I didn't read Love and Rockets #9 (which just came in the mail today) because I want to savor it. It's got a storyline about Izzie's writer's block. I also read about Broke-Ass Stuart's Goddamn Television Show.

This feeling I'm having lately must might be writer's block. I am afraid to begin writing either essay on my plate because I don't want to fuck up the potential they have right now as just ideas. Once I start carving a path, there is so much opportunity cost in paths eschewed. How can I wreck the creamy white canvas with a paint splotch? So my last task tonight is a simple outline of each, only down to two levels. Easy-peasy. Except I've been putting it off all night.

No comments: