Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 307

Some sternly worded letters I want to write:

Dear Summer, get off my back.
Dear Day Job, Maybe I'd pay more attention to you if you made more of an effort to look nice.
Dear Essays, I'm sorry it's been so long since I've written. I have no excuse for my behavior.
Demand, Please suck less -immediately- as I need a lot of gear for Wyoming and have no money.

I got sucked into more research through the university, but have no time to read it all. I listened to a great talk by Steve Almond at Tin House about what they don't teach you in an MFA. My favorite line is about learning to second guess your decisions without second guessing your talent. Right now, I am still doing both.

Also, it is summer in the desert: all my motivation is being leached from and baked out of me.

No comments: