Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

365 days of being a writer: day 71

I am back to doing social media a few hours a week at my day job, though the focus has shifted from blog posts to heavier Facebook and Twitter "engagement." I'll still take it--writing's writing. And the more I do it, the better I get, or so I hear.

Today I heard back from one of the reviewers of my application manuscript. The amount of red pen was a little staggering, and I was pretty bummed out at first. Luckily albeit uncharacteristically, I was well-balanced enough to recognize the inappropriateness of responding to constructive criticism with emotion. Now, the plan is to begin tackling the feedback tomorrow, after I've put a bit of space between my receipt and my evaluation of it. Already some bits have got me thinking and some I have shrugged off (for better or worse).

Overall, I am focused on not letting it get me down over the pieces that have been submitted all over the place that seem to need so much work.

As far as writerly activities, I wrote a blurb that will hopefully be up on a website in the next couple of days. It is a little celebration of one of my favorite artists, which coincidentally fits in nicely with the holiday season. 

I also got my first Missouri Review (my reading fee included a subscription) so now I am going to curl up and read myself to sleep.

No comments: