Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

365 days of being a writer: day 47

I don't really expect many people to read these dispatches, so it surprises me when they do. Since they are a personal experiment in accountability there seems to exist great potential for uninterestingness. Having heard from people in three states now who are following along, I am starting to feel some pressure to be more entertaining.

That sort of thing makes me nuts. While I like telling a good story, being the center of any attention (besides my own, har) makes me wildly uncomfortable. This is why I am not interested in performing improv, why I hate to be the reason anyone else is late, and why driving freaks me out (so! many! opportunities to screw up in front of everyone!). Thank you for reading.

It has been tough to get any substantive writing done here, there is too much to do, and too little quiet time. I'm not sure if it's the time change or what, but it is hard to get up early and get my shit done. When I get back home, the morning writing experiment will continue. This afternoon, I jotted down a rough sketch of a story I told at my good friend's wedding reception earlier in the day. I don't know if anything will come of it, but I just wanted to write before the day was over. It felt like faking it, but I suppose something on paper is better than nothing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your comment! There are random people out here who find your writing interesting and frank. I'm trying to write too, hence me finding your blog. Best of luck midear!

Chelsea said...

Thank you for the comment, Kay, and for reading. Best of luck to you as well!