Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Friday, October 8, 2010

365 days of being a writer: day 53

Is 53 a magic number? Why the hell not.

I woke up so late today that I had to try to get my writing done on the bus. Which didn't really work.

I did get an abundance of reading done: I'm nearly done with Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food. I can see why the tone turns some people off, but the information is important. Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle was suggested to me as a better version of the same message, so I plan to read them both then compare. Maybe I'll do it up all book report style, here.

Today I interviewed for a social media job. I find out Monday if they'll want me to move to the next round--the odds aren't good that they will, but for reasons I consider to be sort of ridiculous. But if the last few years have taught me nothing else (I mean besides geology, astronomy, and the Phoenix freeway system) they have taught me that life is not fair, not in any conceivable definition of the word. 

My mood is so bleak and I know running would help. But when the fuck am I supposed to run? Tell me.

No comments: