Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 149

I'd like to think of myself as a spontaneous person, but that is rarely the case. While I like surprises, when it comes to the shit I have to do everyday, I really appreciate a routine that is stuck to.

One of the biggest problems for me with my current day job is the variable hours. I need to know when I will be doing all of the things I need to do in a day--and I need to know this is in advance. Getting a new schedule each week with a mix of different open and close shifts makes me cranky and hinders my productivity. I'm tired; I know that's whining, but I'm tired and I don't care. I have to get up in less than six hours.

Today I submitted a piece to the Bellingham Review's call for short form pieces. I tried (for the third time) to submit to VerbSap, but the editor's mailbox is still full. I signed up for a couple of classes at the Garden. And I didn't get nearly enough reading OR writing done.

Still no thoughts on a journal that doesn't give even a single contributor's copy? That's bumming me out: I know I have at least three opinionated readers.

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

If it is a journal that has work that you admire, I would say to submit. Granted not getting a contributor's copy is a bummer, but for smaller presses I can understand them trying to save money. If having your work featured in this journal would feel like an accomplishment then I say go for it.