Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 290

I kind of want to sing "61 Days to Leave The Summer" (to the tune of "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover").

Today was my first Saturday at the 'rents. It started slowly, as Saturdays should. But I did get some research, writing, knitting, and Spanish done. I even made it to the botanical garden (that's what I'm calling research). I fell in love with at least three of the docents--they were so excited about their scorpions and agave fibers and cardon cacti! So I'll give the day a gold star.

I am waffling about the hummingbirds. If it isn't in a new, tighter form in time for the Orion submissions window, my heart will probably break. But if it isn't ready and they turn it down, my heart will definitely break. I need an afternoon of peace to find the small kinks that need straightening, but I am not sure how to get it. Maybe headphones at the library? I wish I could head north for a weekend between now and then... Perhaps the 18th, if I am still freaked out.

My to-do list suddenly seems really long! But I don't need my medals up in this temporary shelter to know that I am the queen of getting shit done on a deadline. Here's to the next 61 days in town.

No comments: