Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

365 days of being a writer: day 359

Today I met several members of the creative writing faculty and some more of my classmates.

Tomorrow our week-long teaching intensive begins. One professor responded to my concerns about being able to teach after only a week of training, "No matter how little you know, you'll know more than they do."

I'm still nervous: about getting along with my cohort, connecting with my professors, getting through to my students. I want to make the most of my time here. I want to work hard and still have some fun. I can be too critical and alienating and the community aspect of this process is important to me. But I don't want to only agree and go along, either--this process is about my future, and I need to own it.

Another professor this evening told me how glad they were that things had worked out so that they were going to get to work with me. THEY would get to work with ME. I almost started crying big goofy grateful tears right there.

I'm beat and tomorrow begins a big ass week and my last week of this experiment! Until then, goodnight.

No comments: