Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

365 days of being a writer: day 97

I really tried to write the bee paper this weekend. But I didn't.

OK, that can't be true, or I would have written it. The problem is that I can't work without a deadline. How can I ever "be my own boss" if I show no urgency to complete the tasks I assign myself? I would totally fire me.

This one is particularly hard, because there is no larger reason to write this paper. It won't be published anywhere, no one (except a few die-hard friends who would probably be down to read one of my grocery lists if I asked then to) will want to read it. And it's gotta be FIFTEEN pages long!

Today, I reworked my outline, in the face of all my research. I separated each section and gave them page counts. The (new) plan is to write each section at a time, and really 2, 3, or 4 pages isn't so bad. That's the (new) goal for this week. That, and print out some manuscripts and SOPs. I need to start officially applying to these programs, and paying for the rest of my transcripts. I am still just over a hundred bucks short for the transcripts, but I am hoping I can spread those out over a couple of paychecks to lessen the sting.

How do I know if this is really what I want to do, or if it is just what I don't want to fail at?

No comments: