Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

365 days of being a writer: day 92

My scheme at work to keep up social media has somehow backfired in a not even remotely humorous Lucy-esque manner. I was so exhausted at the end of my day, that I worried a little about my ability to drive home, and I have almost no opportunities to write.

Luckily, the morning ritual experiment continues. Today I wrote a draft of my statement of purpose for Texas. I asked my writerly Twitter followers if anyone could look it over, but I guess we aren't those kind of friends. Hey, that's cool.

But, ritual! Helping!

Informal poll 
Is this a totally lame line: "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but a thousand perfect words are priceless"?

2 comments:

dbostrom said...

Aren't "perfect" and "priceless" considered "weasel words?"

Chelsea said...

You are right, D, and "perfect" is a bit bolder than I wanted anyway. I changed that one to "well-chosen" but I left priceless to balance the first half of the sentence. There's a rhetoric term for that, but it's too early and I can't remember it.