Copyright notice

All content copyright 2010 by Chelsea Biondolillo. Seriously.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 15: Tenerife - Anaga north, laurisilva forest

I am recovered almost completely.

Today we hiked through the laurisilva forest on the north side of the Anaga refuge. In our first hike we saw traces of this tertiary forest system that gave way to pine forest and then scrub. But today, we walked through giant ferns and mossy tree branches and heard a LOT of birds and saw many lizards.

I felt fine, but after dinner, I learned that I was not in fact fine at all. So I will be turning in early (again) in the hopes that my last day in town is cramp-free.

For your viewing pleasure, some of today's wildlife.

Laurisilva trail with laurels (natch) and ferns

A rare glimpse down at the sea through the trees

I don't remember the name of this plant, but if you see it, you know you're in laurisilva

Pretty, but invasive

Tenerife Lizard (gallotia gallotii)

Definitely not a Blue Chaffinch

Canary Skink

Canary Gecko

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marvellous post related to Tenerife forests which looks like beautiful a real place for adventure,Hiking tour may also be done around these forests.I am looking for Working In Tenerife related posts.
Nice photos of Forest in Anaga North.Thanks.